Monday, October 20, 2008

ANOTHER LITERARY SURVEY

Since I'm still in the middle of a new book, and I'm having book post withdrawals, I found another fun book survey. It's longer than the one I stole from Kendra last week. But fun. Here goes:

1. What is your favorite passage/line from a book?

“First with the head, then with the heart.” – The Power of One

2. What do you consider the best film adaptation from a book? What do you think is the worst film adaptation?

Best: To Kill a Mockingbird; Worst: DaVinci Code

3. What is the first book you remember reading?

Mother Goose’s Nursery Rhymes (nicknamed the Snuggle Buggle Book)

4. Did you have a favorite kids’ book as a child?

See above.

5. What book did you hate reading for a school assignment?

The Grapes of Wrath

6. What is the most recent book you read (or are currently reading)?

The Persian Legacy and the Edgar Cayce Material by Kevin J. Todeschi (it’s weird, but interesting)

7. What book would you most like to see turned into a movie?

The entire Thursday Next series

8. What book did you cheat and read the “Cliff Notes” version?

Again with the Grapes of Wrath (hated that book!)

9. What book would you never read again, no matter how much someone was going to pay you?

On the Beach or the Grapes of Wrath; it’s a toss-up

10. Are you more of a library or book store person?

I’m both; when I have money, it’s Barnes and Noble; when I don’t, it’s the library.

11. Have you tried audio books? Do you like them?

I like them well enough. As a former teacher, I find them to be a crutch. I prefer e-books for the classroom if an alternative to paper is going to be used. Honestly, audio books totally depend on the narrator. If the narrator sucks, the book sucks, no matter what.

12. Has any movie ever inspired you to then read the book on which it was based?

Master and Commander: Far Side of the World; it’s a favorite movie, and I LOVE the books, all 21 of them!

13. Describe a passage from a book that made you cry.

The resolution of Severus Snape in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows; balled like a baby

14. What is your favorite book series?

Harry Potter and Aubrey/Maturin

15. Describe your favorite place to read.

My bed

No comments:

Post a Comment